Uniquely Singapore (incl. lunch)
Tuesday 7th February, 2017
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
(Must register separately for this tour. Not included in conference registrations fees)
- 8:00 am Meet at the lobby of Pan Pacific Hotel.
- 8:30 am Depart from hotel. Please be on time. Coaches will not wait.
- Start your morning at the Merlion Park and enjoy the impressive views of Marina Bay. Do not miss out this picture-taking opportunity with
The Merlion, a mythological creature that is part lion and part fish. Continue your culture exploration at Kampong Glam, an area allocated to the Malays, Bugis, Javanese and Arabs as the Sultan's palace was located there. In Malay, the word "Kampong" means "village or settlement" and "Glam" is the name of a particular tree which originally grew in abundance in the area. Next, we proceed to Arab Street,
a repository of culture for Singapore's Muslim community with its focal point being the Sultan Mosque. Here, you will find the biggest concentration of Muslim restaurants and shops selling merchandise from all over the Islamic world. These shops are a riot of color, displaying textiles, antiques, jewelry, artifacts and basket-ware.
Textile stores are the most prominent, their walls and doorways draped with vibrant rolls of cloths and batiks. Explore the city by driving round the Civic District, passing by the Padang, Singapore Cricket Club, historic Parliament House, and the National Gallery Singapore.
The Gallery consists of two national monuments; the former Supreme Court Building, and City Hall. Explore the inside of the National
Gallery of Singapore and experience the world’s largest public
display of modern Southeast Asian art.
- 12:30 pm Buffet Lunch at a 4-Star hotel restaurant.
- Proceed to Chinatown, a Chinese ethnic district where you can find many interesting and nostalgic items in the shops. Board a bumboat and cruise along the iconic Singapore River disembarking at Clarke Quay, now a riverside festival village where visitors and locals jostle each other for the hottest nightspots and the most sought-after restaurants.
- 5:00 pm Tour ends. Drop-off at Pan Pacific Hotel.
Dress: February is the hottest month in Singapore. Average daily high is 27°C (81°F).
It is also the month with the least amount of rain and lowest humidity. Shorts and short sleeved shirts are recommended.
For more information please contact email@example.com